Ulysses Simpson Grant
Click image for larger view
- Sculptor: William Ordway Partridge
- Description: Equestrian figure on integral plinth on pedestal
- Materials: Bronze, dark Barre granite
- Dimensions: Figure H: 12' W: 18' D: 26'; Pedestal H: 15'2" W: 18'6" D: 34'
- Cast: 1896
- Dedicated: April 27, 1896
- Foundry: M.H. Mosman, Chicopee, MA
- Donor: Union League of Brooklyn
- Inscription: 1) pedestal front: "GRANT"
2) pedestal rear: "PRESENTED / TO THE CITY / BY THE UNION LEAGUE CLUB / OF
BROOKLYN / APRIL 27TH 189"
Please note, the NAME field includes a primary designation as well as alternate namings often in common or popular usage. The DEDICATED field refers to the most recent dedication, most often, but not necessarily the original dedication date. If the monument did not have a formal dedication, the year listed reflects the date of installation.
For more information, please contact Art & Antiquities at (212) 360-8143