Greenbelt Nature Center
The Greenbelt Nature Center, opened in 2004, is a stunning 5,440-square-foot stone and brick building that stands in harmony with its natural surroundings. Here, visitors can interact with the state-of-the-art Richmond County Savings Foundation Exhibits. The Nature Center is also the place to hike with a Greenbelt naturalist; attend a lecture, environmental education program, or parent and child workshop, or a yoga class.
Address: 700 Rockland Avenue (at Brielle Avenue), Staten Island, NY 10314
Phone Number: (718) 351-3450
Hours of Operation:
- April to October - Tuesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- November to March - Wednesday to Sunday, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- (extended hours during special programs)
- Public Transportation: From the Staten Island Ferry Terminal, take bus S74 to Rockland Avenue, transfer to the S54 or S57 to Brielle Avenue.
- By Car: Visit the Greenbelt Conservancy website for driving directions.
Photo by: Dorothy Reilly