New Brighton Comfort Station
On April 17, 2015, the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation (NYCDPR), as lead agency for the CEQR environmental review, issued its Statement of Findings detailing Alternative 1B as the proposed action. The proposed action provides for the construction of a replacement comfort station at boardwalk elevation approximately 350 feet west of the previously existing comfort station footprint, slightly to the west of Coney Island Avenue.
On April 6, 2015 NYCDPR issued the Notice of Completion for the Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS) for the installation of a modular comfort station near the eastern end of the Brighton Beach Boardwalk, approximately between Coney Island Avenue and Seacoast Terrace, in the neighborhood of Brighton Beach in Brooklyn. A public hearing on the DEIS was held on March 20, 2014, and the public comment period remained open until May 4, 2014. The Notice of Completion for the DEIS was issued on March 3, 2014.
The Statement of Findings, FEIS and Notice of Completion for the FEIS, along with prior environmental review documents, are posted below. In addition a copy of the FEIS is also available at the Brighton Beach Library, located at 16 Brighton First Road at Brighton Beach Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11235.
- Statement of Findings (прочитать на русском)
- Final Environmental Impact Statement
- Notice of Completion of FEIS (прочитать на русском)
- Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS)
- Notice of Completion of DEIS (прочитать на русском)
- Presentation slides from DEIS Public Hearing held on March 20, 2014
- Final Scope of Work and Response to Comment on Draft Scope of Work
- New Brighton Comfort Station Draft Scope of Work Targeted Environmental Impact Statement
- Public Notice of a Scoping Meeting