This Weekend In Parks
Go With The Flow, Saturday, June 2 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Randall’s Island Park Alliance invites you to join a morning filled with art, music, sports and snacks along the Park’s waterfront pathways – and help celebrate the eagerly anticipated re-opening of the restored 103rd Street Footbridge!
Cross the Footbridge to enjoy this free public event featuring FLOW.12 – an installation of artworks along the southern waterfront, reflecting the Island’s history and natural environment. Meet the artists!
Enjoy festive snacks along waterfront pathways leading to:
• FLOW.12 artworks in partnership with the Bronx Museum of the Arts
• performance by Mariachi Academy of New York
• children’s dance instruction by RIPA’s Dance Program
• waterfront nature activities with RIPA’s Wetlands Stewardship Program
• farm-to-table activities with RIPA’s Urban Farm Program
• interactive art projects with the Love Yourself Project
• children’s tennis lessons provided by Sportime at Randall’s Island
• children’s soccer lessons provided by City Soccer in the Community
• fishing with the Urban Park Rangers
• children’s races with NY Road Runners
The event begins at the touchdown of the 103rd Street Footbridge, near the East River Fields at Randall's Island Park.
GREEN TIP OF THE WEEK
There are 2,500 drivers at Parks. Try carpooling when making your trip or better yet, take public transportation or hold a conference call when possible.
QUOTATION FOR THE DAY
“Never trust the advice of a man in difficulties.”
(620 BC - 560 BC)