Saturday January 25, 2014
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Central Park, Manhattan
Enter at 72nd Street
Free Event for All Ages
Snow, rain or shine!
Presented by NYC Parks, Lake Placid, and I Love NY, Winter Jam NYC is a free winter sports festival for New Yorkers of all ages! Our partners at Gore Mountain will blow lots of fresh snow in the heart of Manhattan, so there will be plenty for all to enjoy!
- Lake Placid Snow Field
- Cross-Country Skiing
- Learn to Ride: Skiing and Snowboarding
- Iams Doggie Bowl
- Taste NY Winter Market
- Pure Barre® Classes
Equipment provided at no cost, or bring your own snow sports gear and enjoy the terrain!
Participants in cross–country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowboarding/skiing lessons must sign a waiver and provide photo identification before participating in any of these activities. The waivers will be provided at the event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian present with photo identification to sign the waiver. Waiting lines for the activities are subject to close early.
Iams Doggie Bowl
Bring your four-legged friends to celebrate this year’s Super Bowl, featuring:
- An enclosed free play area
- The Iams photo experience booth
- Free grooming, trims and clean-ups at the Camp Canine Salon and Spa
- An ‘Ask the Expert’ booth featuring canine behaviorists, nutritionists and others
- A Tail-Gate cafe
- Prizes for dogs wearing their favorite football jersey (while supplies last)
- And more!
- New York Cares Coat Drive: Bring a new or gently used winter coat to help keep New Yorkers warm.
- The Pro2 Truck from the Red Bull Frozen Rush. The off-road truck race that took over Sunday River Resort in Maine airs on Sunday, February 2, 2014 at 3:00 p.m. ET on NBC as part of the Red Bull Signature Series.
- Learn with the Pros: So-Gnar Clothing Co will be supplying a group to team up with Mountain Creek for participants to learn, have fun and shred with 6 professional snowboarders from Colorado.
For more information, call (212) 360-1319.
For more information about volunteering your time at Winter Jam 2014, please see our listing on NYC Service.
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Winter Jam? In addition to being featured in the one of the largest outdoor public events in NYC during the winter, your brand will gain exposure through a comprehensive marketing plan that includes, but is not limited to:
- Subway Posters (tentative)
- Printed flyers and posters distributed to various schools, businesses, and organizations
- Radio Advertisements
- Newspaper Advertisements
- Parks website (350,000 unique visitors/month)
- E-blasts to Parks’ lists
- Aggressive public relations campaign to over 200 media outlets
Please contact Sarah Frazier at Sarah.Frazier@parks.nyc.gov for more information.