Saturday January 26, 2013
11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Central Park, Manhattan
Enter at 72nd Street
Free Event for All Ages
Snow, rain or shine!
Presented by the NYC Parks Department and the Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA), Winter Jam NYC is a free annual winter sports festival that encourages New Yorkers to get out and enjoy the outdoors in the colder months. Our partners at Gore Mountain will be blowing lots of fresh snow, so there will be plenty to go around!
- Lake Placid Snow Field
- Cross-Country Skiing
Red Bull MetroRail
An open rail jam for skiers and snowboarders. To register, please visit the Red Bull MetroRail page.
- Learn to Ride: Skiing and Snowboarding
- Unreal Ice Lounge
- Watch and Learn to Play Quidditch
- Animal Tracking with the Urban Park Rangers
- Pride of New York Winter Market
- NY State Ski Resorts Info Booths
- Live Entertainment
Equipment provided at no cost, or bring your own and enjoy the terrain.
Participants in cross–country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowboarding/skiing lessons must sign a waiver before participating in any of these activities. The waivers will be provided at the event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian present to sign the waiver.
Doggie Snow Zone
A NEW area sponsored by Unleashed by Petco specifically for 4-legged New Yorkers!
Doggie Snow Park
An enclosed, off-leash area featuring agility equipment from Biscuits & Bath Dog Retreat
‘Ask the Expert’ Booth
Featuring celebrity dog groomer Jorge Bendersky, an expert nutritionist, and a canine behaviorist
- Café area and Doggie Treat Bar
- Adoptable Animals
- Vendor Booths
- Treat Bag Giveaway (while supplies last)
- And more!
For more information, call (212) 360-1319.
With Live Music by
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Winter Jam? In addition to being featured in the one of the largest outdoor public events in NYC during the winter, your brand will gain exposure through a comprehensive marketing plan that includes, but is not limited to:
- Subway Posters (tentative)
- Printed flyers and posters distributed to various schools, businesses, and organizations
- Radio Advertisements
- Newspaper Advertisements
- Parks website (350,000 unique visitors/month)
- E-blasts to Parks’ lists
- Aggressive public relations campaign to over 200 media outlets
Please contact Sarah Frazier at Sarah.Frazier@parks.nyc.gov for more information.