Saturday, April 25, 2015
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Thomas Jefferson Park, Manhattan
114th Street & First Avenue
Rain or shine
In the event of heavy rain or extreme weather, Street Games may be cancelled. The decision to cancel the event will be made by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, April 24, 2015 and will be prominently posted on NYC Parks' website and social media pages.
On Saturday, April 25, 2015, NYC Parks and the Walt Disney Company will host the 8th Annual Street Games at Thomas Jefferson Park in Harlem!
Street Games re-introduces classic, low-tech games played in the city to a new generation of kids. The event is open to all ages and abilities.
Classic Street Games
- Pogo Sticks
- Hula Hoops
- Hippity Hop
- Four Square
- Soap Box Derby – located behind the main stage!
- Learn To Ride Your Bike (must bring your own bike)
- Street Hockey
- Skateboarding Clinics
- Jumbo Games
- Relay Races
- New York Red Bulls Skills Challenge
- Ultimate Disc
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Agility Ladder
- Wheelchair Basketball
Street Games is also more than just games! Local radio stations will be spinning music all day and there will be live music and entertainment, including several performances by the Dance Theater of Harlem.
- Make your first stop the NYC Parks booth to pick up a Street Games Passport! Complete 7 out of 10 of the activities on the passport to redeem a prize.
- Waiting lines for the activities are subject to close early.
- The event ends promptly at 3:00 p.m. so come early to experience all the fun!
- Bring your own helmet for the soap box derby, learn to ride a bike, skateboarding and roller blade venues.
- Vendors will be on site selling food and drinks.
- Participants must sign a waiver to participate in some activities. The waivers will be provided at the event. Participants under the age of 18 must have a legal guardian present with photo identification to sign the waiver.
- The event closes 114th Street from 1st Avenue to Pleasant Avenue and Pleasant Avenue from 114th Street to 116th Street. Cars will be towed beginning at 5:00 a.m. Saturday, April 25.
For more information about this event, please call (212) 360-1319.
It’s My Park: Street Games
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Street Games? In addition to being featured in the one of the largest outdoor public events in NYC during the Spring, your brand will gain exposure through a comprehensive marketing plan that includes, but is not limited to:
- Printed flyers and posters distributed to various schools, businesses, and organizations
- Radio Advertisements
- Newspaper Advertisements
- Parks website (350,000 unique visitors/month)
- E-blasts to Parks’ lists
- Aggressive public relations campaign to over 200 media outlets
To become involved in Street Games 2015 or other citywide events, contact: William Morrison at email@example.com.