Saturday, October 27, 2012
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Central Park Bandshell
Enter at 72nd Street
Join NYC Parks for Pumpkin Fest, New York City's annual celebration of the fall harvest season in leafy Central Park!
Taking place on Saturday, October 27, Pumpkin Fest takes the very best traditions of the autumn season and offers them all for FREE! Activities will include:
The Haunted House Space Chase–our spooktacular haunted house is back again this year and scarier than ever with an outer space theme!
Catch a sneak peek of the Haunted House
on Friday, October 26 from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.!
- Catch a sneak peek of the Haunted House
- Pumpkin Patch – kids take home a free sugar pumpkin!
- Syfy Pumpkin Decorating Zone
- Live Quidditch Matches – transport yourself to Hogwarts to witness this fast action sport!
- Marionette Performances by CityParksPuppetMobile
- Walkabout Characters
- Arts & Crafts
- Live Entertainment
- Pride of NY Farmers’ Market
- NY Giant Pumpkin!
All events are free! Event is rain or shine!
Please note that the lines for the Haunted House and Pumpkin Patch may close early. While supplies last!
Pumpkin Fest will feature amusement for all ages with performances by:
- Beetleguy and other Jestmaster walkabout characters
- The Kidrockers
- The Big Apple Circus
- Cinderella, a new musical on Broadway
- Ripley's Believe It Or Not!
- 11:00 a.m. - JestMaster Presents: Beetleguy
- 11:10 a.m. - The Human Blockhead from Ripley's Believe It or Not! Times Square
- 11:50 a.m. - Big Apple Circus
- 12:20 p.m. - Welcome Remarks
- 12:30 p.m. - Kidrockers present Reputante, Seth Herzog and Craig Baldo Host
- 1:30 p.m. - Best of Equinox, Shape Up NYC
- 2:10 p.m. - Rodgers + Hammerstein's CINDERELLA
- 2:35 p.m. - JestMaster Presents: Eric Girardi’s Frenetic Flames
Citywide Pumpkin Fests
This year, Syfy is the proud sponsor of 14 NYC Parks fall-themed events across the city. Find an event near you, all October long!
Highlights from previous years
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Pumpkin Fest? In addition to being featured in the one of the largest public events in Central Park, your brand will gain exposure through a comprehensive marketing plan that includes, but is not limited to:
- Subway Posters
- Printed flyers and posters distributed to various schools, businesses, and organizations
- Radio Advertisements
- Newspaper Advertisements
- Parks website (350,000 unique visitors/month)
- E-blasts to Parks’ lists
- Aggressive public relations campaign to over 200 media outlets
Please contact Graham Fisk at Graham.Fisk@parks.nyc.gov for more information.