Saturday, October 26, 2013
11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Central Park Bandshell
Enter at 72nd Street
Join NYC Parks for Pumpkin Fest, New York City's annual celebration of the fall harvest season in leafy Central Park!
Taking place on Saturday, October 26, Pumpkin Fest takes the very best traditions of the autumn season and offers them all for FREE! Activities will include:
NY”Z” Scream Haunted House
Our spooktacular haunted house at Bethesda Fountain is back again and this year it’s filled with zombies!
Catch a sneak peek of the Haunted House on Friday, October 25 from 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.!
Kids take home a free sugar pumpkin!
- The Care.com Pumpkin Decorating Zone
Live Quidditch Matches
Transport yourself to Hogwarts to witness this fast action sport!
- Marionette Performances by CityParksPuppetMobile
- JestMaster Walkabout Characters
- Pumpkin Carving
Create a Creepy Creature
Make your own ghost, ghoul or pumpkin puppet with The New Victory Theater!
Get Crafty with Scribble Town
Have fun making pumpkin puppets, tissue paper pumpkins, and even pumpkins with accordion legs!
- Live Entertainment
- Pride of NY Farmers’ Market
All events are free! Event is rain or shine!
Please note that the lines for the Haunted House and Pumpkin Patch may close early. While supplies last!
Iams PUP-kin Zone
For the first time at Pumpkin Fest, NYC Parks will host a venue designed specifically for four-legged New Yorkers!
Doggie Costume Contest
Top three winners to receive special prizes provided by Iams
Just show up at 1:00 p.m. to the free-play area to be judged. Winners announced at 1:30 p.m.
"Fall into Autumn" Free-Play Area
An enclosed, off-leash area for dogs to run and play!
Equipment and staffing provided by Biscuits and Bath
Express Spa for Dogs by Dog Fashion Spa
Including complimentary applications of signature Dog Fashion Spa lotions, dog nose moisturizer, and cleaning around dog's eyes with Dog Fashion Spa gentle eye pads
- Photo Booth…and more!
Pumpkin Fest will feature amusement for all ages at the Bandshell. Check out our schedule below!
- 11:00 a.m. - Introduction
- 11:15 a.m. - song for seeds
- 11:45 a.m. - Master of Ceremonies: Beetleguy
- 12:00 p.m. - Big Apple Circus
- 12:30 p.m. - Master of Ceremonies: Beetleguy
- 12:45 p.m. - Welcome Remarks
- 1:00 p.m. - Kidrockers Presents Celestial Shore – Seth Herzog and Craig Baldo Host
- 2:00 p.m. - Best of Equinox, Shape Up NYC
- 2:30 p.m. - JestMaster Presents Cosmic Greg: Flaming Madness
Highlights from previous years
Interested in becoming a sponsor of Pumpkin Fest? In addition to being featured in the one of the largest public events in Central Park, your brand will gain exposure through a comprehensive marketing plan that includes, but is not limited to:
- Subway Posters
- Printed flyers and posters distributed to various schools, businesses, and organizations
- Radio Advertisements
- Newspaper Advertisements
- Parks website (350,000 unique visitors/month)
- E-blasts to Parks’ lists
- Aggressive public relations campaign to over 200 media outlets
Please contact Graham Fisk at Graham.Fisk@parks.nyc.gov for more information.