The Greenbelt Native Plant Center (GNPC), a facility of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation, is a 13–acre greenhouse, nursery, and seed bank complex located on Staten Island, NY.
- GNPC Home
- Products and Services
- Projects In Partnership
- Education, Volunteers, and Interns
- Contact Us/Staff
How to Order
Early ordering is advisable. Contract growing is available and advised. Quantity discounts are applied. All prices are subject to change. GNPC is not open to the general public and is not a retail nursery. GNPC does not deliver.
Orders & Inquiries
The status of plant availability changes from day-to-day. It is necessary for us to first check your plant requests against available stock before we can reserve stock for your project. We will make every effort to respond to your inquiries the same day, but no later than 24 hours after receiving them.
- Direct plant availability inquiries, requests for quotes, and questions about the status of your order to: Porfirio Lantigua, Deputy Nursery Manager, at (718) 370–9044 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fax list of plants you are seeking to (718) 370–0932, Attention: Porfirio Lantigua.
- Call (718) 370–9044 to inquire about native species not listed in the catalog—there are over 2,000 species of native plants in the greater New York City region. Additional species are under development and will be available subject to crop success and time required to grow to size.
Plant pick up must be arranged at least 24 hours in advance.
- Pick up: 8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. Monday–Friday
- Plant availability phone inquiries: 8:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. or fax inquiries anytime.
9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday–Friday