LUNGs East Village Garden Tour: Spring Awakening with Peas & Love
Saturday, April 26, 2014
1:00 p.m.–3:00 p.m.
It's time to party! Come out and celebrate our community gardens.
Please join LUNGS (Loisaida United Neighborhood Gardens) for the "Spring Awakening" as we parade from garden to garden.
Bring your music and dance, your smiles and kids, and wear your costumes as we snake Pied-Piper style through Loisaida.
Three groups, Flower Power, Peas & Love and Salad Daze, will begin in their respective gardens and parade through the neighborhood visiting each garden, and will then converge at El Jardin del Paraiso on East 4th Street, between Avenues C and D at 3 p.m. for continuing music and frivolity.
"Peas & Love" will begin at Children's Magical Garden and march north. They will visit about 14 gardens on their route. Simultaneously a poetry tour of gardens will be happening and add to the general merriment.
Peas & Love Route
1. Children’s Magical Garden, Norfolk and Stanton Streets
2. Siempre Verde Garden, Stanton Street, Between Clinton Street and Attorney Street
3. Le Petit Versailles, 2nd Street, between Avenues B and C
4. Peachtree Garden, 2nd Street, between Avenues B and C
5. Kenkeleba House Garden, 2nd Street, between Avenues B and C
6. Hope Garden, 2nd Street, between Avenues A and B
7. Miracle Garden, 3rd Street, between Avenues A and B
8. Los Amigos, 3rd Street, between Avenues B and C
9. Brisas Del Caribe, 3rd Street, between Avenues B and C
10. Generation X, 4th Street, between Avenues A and B
11. Secret Garden, 4th Street, at Avenue C
12. All People’s Garden, 3rd st, between Avenues C and D
13. Orchard Alley, 4th Street, between Avenues C and D
14. Parque De Tranquilidad, 4th Street between Avenues C and D
The parade will end at El Jardin del Paraiso, 4th Street, between Avenues C and D