National Girls and Women in Sports Day in Manhattan
Saturday, March 8, 2014
10:30 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Join us for National Girls and Women in Sports Day, an annual event honoring female athletes! To celebrate, NYC Parks has free events in all five boroughs.
Activities in Manhattan include:
- Fitness challenge and talks led by WNBA's New York Liberty player Kym Hampton
- Street hockey with Columbia University Ice Hockey team
- Wendy Hilliard Foundation's rhythmic gymnastics demo
- Rugby with NY Women's Rugby club
- Handball with NYC Handball
- Wheelchair basketball
- Ultimate frisbee
- Kickboxing instruction
- Volleyball clinics with Hunter College
- Softball clinics with Columbia University Softball team
- Double dutch with Stan's Pepper Steppers
- Golf putting games
- Table tennis free play
- Computer classes
Kids registered by 11:00 a.m. will receive a free t-shirt while supplies last! Girls are welcome at this family-friendly event.