First Annual Kings County Fiber Festival
Saturday, October 6, 2012
10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Hosted on the grounds of the Old Stone House of Brooklyn, Washington Park. between 4th and 5th Avenues and 3rd and 4th Streets in Park Slope, Brooklyn - originally built in 1699 as the Vechte family farm - the Kings County Fiber Festival includes crocheters, dyers, rug makers, felters, knitters, quilters, spinners, and weavers, as well as artists creating design works that incorporate fiber as an integral material and celebrates both historic and contemporary approaches to the fiber arts.
The festival includes:
- A juried selection of vendors from up and down the east coast.
- A marketplace with a wide variety of hand dyed yarns, fiber-inspired artisans, sheep fleece, hand-crafted winter accessories, and holiday gifts.
- Master-level demonstrations by fiber experts.
- Symposium on spinning and dyeing.
- A yarn spinning cycle demonstrating the manual arts - from fleece to wheel and drop spindle.
- An exhibit of fiber influenced art works on display in the Old Stone House.
- Live performances in tribute to the crafts.