Clean Streets=Clean Beaches: Day of Service
Sunday, August 12, 2012
8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Help clean up some of the local beaches that New Yorkers enjoy the most. We will be sending teams of volunteers to the following locations:
- Plumb Beach, Brooklyn, exit off the Belt Parkway Eastbound just past Exit 9, Knapp Street or via bike path which starts at Emmons and Brigham St.
- Gerritsen Beach, Brooklyn, Gerritsen Ave. street end, south of Lois Ave.
- Kaiser Park, Brooklyn, Park House at West 28th St. and Neptune Ave.
- Pugsley Creek Park, Bronx, Lacombe Ave. and Pugsley Ave.
- Conference House, Staten Island, Conference House Park Visitors Center
- Rockaway Beach, Queens, Beach 97th Street and the Boardwalk
New York City is fortunate to have a large expanse of shoreline, and local waterways that are the cleanest they have been in more than 100 years. We invite you to join us—and your friends and neighbors—on August 12 to help clean and beautify these recreational areas. We will be providing gloves and bags for each beach clean-up effort.
For more information or to sign up for a beach clean-up, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or please call at 718-595-6599.
New York City Department of Environmental Protection