Greater & Greener: Reimagining Parks for 21st Century Cities
Saturday, July 14, 2012
10:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.
This event repeats every day between 7/14/2012 and 7/17/2012.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Greater & Greener: Re-Imagining Parks for 21st Century Cities is an international urban parks conference that aims to increase awareness of the positive impact that parks and green spaces have on our urban communities and explore how urban parks will be designed, developed, programmed, funded and sustained to meet future demands.
Presented by City Parks Alliance, the Greater & Greener conference is the premier forum for park innovation, offering forward-looking topics and speakers, interactive in-the-field workshops and tours, a volunteer service project and an audience of urban park planning, and design professionals, advocates and supporters from around the world.
Four days of stimulating sessions and events at New York University and in locations throughout the city will:
- Inspire participants to re-imagine parks in a new context of economic opportunities, regional ecosystems, community health needs, public-private partnerships, sustainable development, neighborhood equity and changing demographics
- Create public awareness of the importance of parks and green spaces beyond the apparent recreational values
- Provide practical tools to help professionals and citizens integrate parks into broader ecological, social and infrastructure systems
- Engage and inspire elected officials, policy thought leaders and park advocates to advance the agenda for increased public and private investment in urban green space
- Broaden the discussion of urban parks to engage leaders from health, science, technology, sociology, planning and design, and policy sectors
Please visit City Parks Alliance's Urban Parks Conference home page for more information.
The conference headquarters is at the Kimmel Center, however, the conference will take place throughout New York City. Please register for more information.
Please visit the Urban Parks Conference page for more information.
City Parks Alliance