Van Cortlandt Park Bird-a-Thon
Saturday, May 19, 2012
6:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Please note: This event has already taken place. Please use the Search options on the right to find upcoming events.
Drop in any time this day between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to have fun birding and help out the park at the same time.
Did you know that there are havens for birds right here in the Bronx? Whether you’re a birding beginner or a pro, join us for a great day of bird watching and help out Van Cortlandt Park at the same time! Simply count the number of bird species you spot on this day and have supporters chip in per species using the form below. Van Cortlandt Park hosts many species of birds, including some that are rare elsewhere in New York City. Funds raised will help sustain our weekly
bird walks and conservation efforts.
- Beginner, experienced and competitive birders welcome.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent.
- Please bring binoculars. We have just a few to loan.
- The bird list is available at www.vcpark.org.
- Experts will be on hand to help with bird identification and can lead you to birding “hot spots.”
- Top results will be announced at www.vcpark.org the following week.
In the event of severe weather, the raindate is Sunday, May 20. Status will be posted the night before at www.vcpark.org.
Check in tent is at Van Cortlandt Golf House. Enter park at Bailey Avenue & Van Cortlandt Park South.
Voluntary donation or pledge.
New York City Audubon, Van Cortlandt Park Conservancy