Explore, Design, Create!
Has anyone ever told you that you have an “eye for design”? Do your friends always ask you to take group pictures because of your awesome photography skills? Are you a pro at doodling? Are your friends tired of playing video games with you because you always destroy them? Join an open workshop as a video or audio producer, photographer, graphic designer, animator, or game designer. With the help from experts in these fields, you’ll learn to use professional hardware and software to create your own digital media projects.
By the end of each session, you will have completed a video, audio track, design project, game, animation, website, or app and will have an opportunity to share your work at a citywide celebrations!
RECYouth is free and open to all New York City teens who meet the following criteria:
- Age 12-18 at start of program
- Recreation Center member (membership is free to youth 17 and under)
- Committed to length of program
- Interested in either film, animation, graphic design, photography, gaming, or coding
- Able to work independently and in a group
Time and Location
- Winter session: January – April
- Spring session: April – June
- Summer session: July– August
- Fall session: September – December
The RECYouth program takes place in Computer Resource Centers (CRCs), which are located within recreation centers. RECYouth offerings vary by CRC. Please email email@example.com or call (212) 255-3066 to request a registration package or for information about RECYouth classes.
How to Apply
CRCs accept applications on a rolling basis, however early registration is encouraged. You can register online, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 255-3066 for a current RECYouth class schedule and to request an application.