REEL Education for Youth
Have a story to tell? How about expressing your thoughts through a movie, song or animation of your own creation? RECYouth is a multimedia extracurricular program where you’ll learn video and audio production, photography, and graphic design while encouraging your creative expression. Learn to use digital tools and professional software to create and edit footage, recordings and photos. By the end of the course, you will have independently or collaboratively completed a final project and will have the opportunity to showcase your digital creations at a community screening or exhibit.
RECYouth is free and open to all New York City teens who meet the following criteria:
- Age 14-17 at start of program
- Recreation Center member (membership is free to youth 17 and under)
- Committed to length of program
- Interested in multimedia, arts, or digital technology
- Able to work independently and in a group
Time and Location
- RECYouth Winter: January – April
- RECYouth Spring: April – June
- RECYouth Summer: July– August
- RECYouth Fall: September – December
The RECYouth program takes place in Computer Resource Centers (CRCs), which are located within recreation centers. RECYouth offerings vary by CRC. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 255-3066 to request a registration package or for information about RECYouth classes.
RECYouth is free! CRCs provide the resources and guidance. Teens contribute their creative energy, enthusiasm, and commitment.
How to Apply
CRCs accept applications on a rolling basis, however early registration is encouraged. Please email email@example.com or call (212) 255-3066 for a current RECYouth class schedule and to request an application.