NYC Resources 311 Office of the Mayor

Official Website of the New York City Department of Parks & Recreation

Contact Parks

Your comments are important to us. You can use our online forms below to correspond or request a service. Before submitting a question, please check out the Parks FAQ page; you might find your answer there.

Mitchell J. Silver, Commissioner of Parks & Recreation
Commissioner Mitchell J. Silver, FAICP

General Inquiries

By Phone

Logo for 311
Please visit 311 Online or dial 311 for all Parks & Recreation information;
outside of NYC, call (212) NEW–YORK.

In case of emergency, please dial 911.


To write to the Parks Commissioner, please fill out the Contact the Commissioner form. The Commissioner's office will route your message to the proper party for a prompt response. If you would like to make a service request, please use 311 Online. In case of emergency, please dial 911. For media inquiries, see below.

By Mail

You may also write to the Parks Department at:
The Arsenal
Central Park
830 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10065

Press Inquiries


Press Office, NYC Department of Parks & Recreation

Visit our Filming & Photography page for filming requests.

FOIL Requests

A Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request is a request to obtain records/documents from New York State or local government agencies.

Learn More

Specific Concerns

Parks offers a range of services throughout New York City. Visit our Permits & Services page for information about tree–related requests, special events, and sports fields and courts.

311/ Picture and Video Submission Program

311 now accepts picture and video complaints related to public park conditions, such as animals, maintenance or facility issues, and rules violations. To report a problem by phone, dial 311 to open a service request and provide your email address to receive the upload link.

Learn More About the Program

Register to Vote! Government services are not conditioned on being registered to vote.
Voter registration forms are available on or by calling 311 or (212) NEW–YORK if outside of NYC.


Was this information helpful?