Beach Mat Locations
The Parks Department understands that getting access to our beaches is a concern for many people with disabilities. Addressing this problem is a top priority. We have installed beach mats at
- Rockaway Beach at 17th Street, Queens
- Rockaway Beach at 116th Street, Queens
- Rockaway Beach at 131st Street, Queens
- Coney Island at Brighton 2nd Street, Brooklyn
- Coney Island at Stillwell Avenue, Brooklyn
- Cedar Grove Beach at the parking lot pathway, Staten Island
- Manhattan Beach, east side near the picnic tables, Brooklyn
- Orchard Beach, Section 5, Bronx
- Midland Beach at Jefferson Avenue & Father Capodanno Boulevard, Staten Island
Parks encourages you to come out and try out the mats - take some pictures and send them to us. Most of all, we want your feedback - contact us at email@example.com.
Beach Mat Testimonials
I don't think words can explain how I felt when I went to the beach today and saw my son, Peyton, riding down that mat. His smile and excitement cannot be described. Thank you, thank you, thank you, so, so much. We were supposed to leave for vacation today but delayed it a day just so he could have fun on the beach and "sand."
Thank you for all your wonderful hard work.
August 12, 2008
Beach Mat Photos
Click on a photo to view a larger version.