NYC Resources311Office of the Mayor

Historical Signs in Bronx

Search by alphabet:

 

Keyword search:

Hackett Park
Bound by West 254th Street, Riverdale Avenue, and the Henry Hudson Parkway, this park honors the achievements of educator Dr....

Haffen Park
Louis F. Haffen (1854-1935) was the first Borough President of the Bronx. The son of a German dairy farmer and beer brewer, h...

Hank Greenberg Ballfield
This ballfield was named in honor of the Major League baseball player Henry Benjamin ‘Hank’ Greenberg (1911-1986)....

Harding Park
In 1982 the Harding Park residents in the southeast Bronx became members of the Harding Park Homeowners Association, the first...

Harris Field
Father John Joseph Harris (1884-1937) dedicated much of his life to working with youth.  A native of Yonkers, Father Harr...

Haviland Playground
This playground honors a colonial-era farming family from the Westchester area. In 1695, Joseph and Mary Haviland bought 30 a...

Hawkins Park
This park honors United States Navy Seaman Second Class and City Island native Leonard Hillson Hawkins who died while serving ...

Healy Field
This ball field honors Sean Healy (1960-1990) an assistant district attorney and Woodlawn native. Born on August 24, 1960, He...

Heath Triangle
This triangle and the bordering street honor patriot and soldier Major General William Heath (1737-1814) and commemorate New Y...

Heinrich Heine Fountain
The Heinrich Heine Fountain (also known as the Lorelei Fountain) honors the German poet, writer, and social dissident Heinrich...

Henry Hudson Monument
This massive column commemorates Henry Hudson (1575–1611), who is credited as the first European to discover the Hudson ...

Henry Hudson Park
On September 2, 1609, the English captain of the Dutch ship, Halve Maen (Half Moon), directed his ship to drop anchor in the l...

Hiawatha Falls Rock Garden Community Park
This park is named Hiawatha Falls for the epic poem The Song of Hiawatha (1855) by American poet Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1...

High Rock Playground
Seton Falls Park is home to beautiful wetlands and woodlands, a bird sanctuary, and several playgrounds, including High Rock P...

Highbridge Doughboy Statue
Consigned for more than two decades to Parks’ monument storage, the Highbridge Doughboy once stood proudly at a small pa...

Highbridge Park
Highbridge Park, located on West 170th Street, University Avenue, and the High Bridge derives its name from New York City&rsqu...

Hilton White Playground
This playground is named in honor of local hero Hilton White (1932-1990), whose outreach and commitment to under-privileged at...

Hines Park
The land for Hines Park was ceded to the town of Morrisania for park purposes by Gouverneur Morris in 1864. Morr...

Hoe Garden
Hoe Garden honors Colonel Richard Morris Hoe (1812-1886), a member of the prominent Morris family, which owned large portions ...

Horseshoe Park
Almost since this U-shaped park was created in 1897 it has been commonly known as Horseshoe Park because of its unusual shape....

1 2 Next

<< Back to Historical Signs Main.

Was this information helpful?