NYC Resources311Office of the Mayor

Historical Signs in Staten_Island

Search by alphabet:

 

Keyword search:

Father Macris Park
This park in the Graniteville section of Staten Island is named for Reverend Spyridon Macris (1932-1989), late pastor of Hol...

FDR Boardwalk and Beach
This 2.5-mile boardwalk and beach area extends southeast from Fort Wadsworth to Miller Field’s Gateway Recreational Area...

Firefighter Christopher J. Seidenburg Park
This park honors Christopher John Siedenburg (1969-1994) a dedicated Staten Island fireman. A lifelong resident of Great Kill...

Forest Grove
This park draws its name from the streets that bound it: Forest Avenue and Elizabeth Grove Road. It is situated near the brid...

Forest Mall
Planted with shrubs and evergreens, this long grassy strip gets its name from the thoroughfare it bisects, Forest Avenue. ...

Freshwater Wetlands in New York City - Arden Heights Woods
New York City once contained 224,000 acres of freshwater wetland. This valuable ecosystem can slow erosion, prevent flooding ...

Freshwater Wetlands in New York City - Blue Heron Park
New York City once contained 224,000 acres of freshwater wetland. This valuable ecosystem can slow erosion, prevent flooding ...

Freshwater Wetlands in New York City - Clove Lakes Park
New York City once contained 224,000 acres of freshwater wetland. This valuable ecosystem can slow erosion, prevent flooding ...

Freshwater Wetlands in New York City - Evergreen Park
New York City once contained 224,000 acres of freshwater wetland. This valuable ecosystem can slow erosion, prevent flooding ...

Freshwater Wetlands in New York City - Kingfisher Park
New York City once contained 224,000 acres of freshwater wetland. This valuable ecosystem can slow erosion, prevent flooding ...

Freshwater Wetlands in New York City - Wolfe’s Pond Park
New York City once contained 224,000 acres of freshwater wetland. This valuable ecosystem can slow erosion, prevent flooding ...

General Douglas Macarthur Park
Douglas MacArthur (1880-1964) established himself as a key figure in American military history in a career that spanned four...

Genessee Park
Genesee Park, like the avenue to its south, takes its name from the Iroquois phrase “Zon-esche-o” which means &ldq...

George Cromwell Recreation Center
This recreation center honored Staten Island’s first Borough President, George C. Cromwell (1860-1934). Educated at Bro...

Gerard P. Dugan Playground
Gerard P. Dugan (1905-1973) was born in Brooklyn, New York. He served in the Marine Corps from 1923 to 1927. Dugan moved to ...

Glaciers in New York City - Wolfe's Pond Park
The landscape of Wolfe’s Pond Park on Raritan Bay is rich in history, both natural and human. The land beneath the park...

Grandview Playground
Grandview Playground is named after adjacent Grandview Avenue. It was originally known as the Mariners Harbor Houses Playgrou...

Graniteville Park
Graniteville Park, acquired by Parks in 1971, is located in northwestern Staten Island, at Jules Drive, Elson Court, and Re...

Graniteville Swamp Park
This park and the surrounding neighborhood, previously known as Bennett’s Corners and Fayetteville, were named for grani...

Greencroft Playground
Greencroft Playground takes its name from its southwestern border, Greencroft Street. The word green-croft is a pastoral term...

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next

<< Back to Historical Signs Main.

Was this information helpful?