NYC Resources311Office of the Mayor

Historical Signs in Bronx

Search by alphabet:

 

Keyword search:

City Island Park
City Island’s history of European settlement began around 1614, when Adriaen Block claimed the land for the Dutch. Colo...

City Island Wetlands
City Island consists of 230 acres, surrounded by the Long Island Sound and Eastchester Bay. Although a bridge connects this m...

Claremont Community Park
The neighborhood of Claremont derives its name from a mansion that once stood in what is now Claremont Park. The park was ori...

Claremont Park
The area that is now Claremont Park was once part of the Morris family estate, founded in 1679. Aware of encroaching suburb...

Clark Playground
This playground and the adjacent junior high school honor a dedicated Bronx educator and administrator, Elijah D. Clark. ...

Clark Playground - Beavers in New York City
In the early 17th century, the Dutch East India Company sent navigator Henry Hudson westward to discover the Northwest Passage...

Clason Point War Memorial
This monument honors the residents of Clason Point who gave their lives during World War I. The seven-foot high bronze sculpt...

Classic Playground
Playgrounds and play equipment have always been designed with the goal of developing child creativity and improvisation. C...

Cleopatra Playground
The connection between this Bronx park and the celebrated queen Cleopatra of Egypt (69-30BC) may not be self-evident. The site...

Clinton Playground
One of the premier politicians in America’s history, De Witt Clinton (1769-1828), after whom Clinton Playground and the ...

Co-Op City Ballfields
These ballfields, located at the intersection of Co-Op City Boulevard, Bellamy Loop, and the Hutchinson River, share the same ...

Colgate Close Park
This park, like the streets that bound it, honors John Cloes, an early pioneer of the New York area, and James Colgate (1818-1...

Columbus Statue
In 1473, Christopher Columbus (1451–1506) embarked on his first maritime voyage from his home near Genoa, Italy headed f...

Conrad Grauer Field
Baseball fan and community leader Conrad “Cooney” Grauer (1905-1993) called the Bronx neighborhood of Kingsbridge ...

Corporal Irwin Fischer Park
This park honors a New Yorker who enlisted in the United States Army and served in the 75th Joint Assault Signal Company of th...

Crescent Park
Bounded by Albany Crescent, West 233rd Street, and the Major Deegan Expressway, this park was originally known as Hut Hill bec...

Croton Aqueduct Triangle
The bricks poking up through the grass at this Greenstreets traffic island on Goulden and Reservoir Avenues are artifacts of t...

Croton Woods
Croton Woods is named for the Old Croton Aqueduct that once ran through Van Cortlandt Park. In 1833, New York City’s wa...

Crotona Malls
These malls are named after Crotona Park, the largest park in the southern portion of the Bronx, and the sixth largest park in...

Crotona Nature Center
This nature center is situated in Crotona Park on the eastern side of Indian Lake. The lake’s name originated in the st...

Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 Next

<< Back to Historical Signs Main.

Was this information helpful?